Tuesday, December 4, 2007

week 3 part b

Dear Mr. Wayne Coffee,
This is my third letter to you, still concerning your epic novel, Boys of Winter. Mark Johnson, who was my favorite player on the 1980 Olympic Team, was very well analyzed and characterized in this section. His background sounds fun, especially when he would dress as a legendary Russian hockey player like Vladimir Petrov and would skate around pretending to be them. When you described Johnson doing that, it made me remember of when I was about 7 or 8 years old (and even now), when I would skate around and pretend to be a great player like Wayne Gretzky or something. Now-a-days, however, I usually play the role of either Sydney Crosby or Alexander Ovechkin, and possibly others. After reading this section on Mark Johnson, the book reinforced how much I liked him and his play style before. I also enjoyed you gong into depth about the Russian attitudes and feelings towards the play by Mark Johnson at the end of the first period, and how upset they truly were to get scored on with zero seconds remaining. Anyways, I have to get going I’ll write soon.
Sincerely,
Erich Rectenwald

No comments: